Amazon has announced a brand new sales event in Australia dubbed the “Prime Big Deal Days” which will allow Prime members to shop mammoth offers across a huge range of products to save ahead of the holiday season.
While many are already familiar with Amazon’s traditional Prime Day in July, this is another opportunity to secure a bargain ahead of the busy Christmas season.
When is Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days?
Catch the best deals and products hand-picked by our team at Best Picks >>
Beginning October 10 at midnight and running until October 12 at 5pm AEDT the multi-day sales event will offer Prime members access to deals from brands like Barbie, Penfolds, Adidas, Breville, Playstation and BOSE.
Deals will be dropping throughout the event across a wide selection of products with fast and convenient delivery options.
Prime Big Deal Days is well timed to help Aussies get a head start on holiday shopping with new research commissioned by Amazon revealing that:
- 76 per cent of surveyed Australians are worried about potential costs over the holiday season.
- 71 per cent of respondents say they intend on starting their holiday shopping before December.
- A massive 83 per cent of respondents are looking to make their money go further this holiday season.
What brands will be on sale during Amazon Prime Big Deal Days?
The event will offer Prime members access to deals from brands such as Barbie, Bluey, Disney, Fisher-Price, L.O.L. Surprise!, Moet & Chandon, Penfolds, Veuve Clicquot, GHD, L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Olaplex, Adidas, Bonds, Crocs, Fossil, American Tourister, Samsonite, Ausclimate, Bosch, Breville, DeLonghi, ECOVACS, Eufy, Miele, Philips, Sunbeam, Baby Jogger, Tommee Tippee, Philips AVENT, Dove, Finish, Omo, Scrub Daddy, Nintendo, PlayStation, BOSE, Instax, and Logitech.
Deals from Germany, Japan, UK and the US will be available on Amazon.com.au through Amazon’s Global Store until 5pm AEDT on October 12, giving Australian Prime members access to a massive 65 hours of deals.
Customers who are not yet Prime members can join Prime or start a free trial at amazon.com.au/primebigdealdays and kick off their holiday shopping on Amazon.com.au.
Why is Amazon doing a second Prime Day?
Prime Big Deal Days is well timed to help Aussies get a head start on holiday shopping with new research commissioned by Amazon revealing that 76 per cent of surveyed Australians are worried about potential costs over the holiday season and over half (56 per cent) are worried about the potential cost of gifts.
A massive 83 per cent of respondents are looking to make their money go further this holiday season, with around half (47 per cent) of Australians surveyed researching online to find the best price, and around two fifths either waiting for a sale (40 per cent), or starting their holiday shopping earlier than previous years to spread the cost (39 per cent).
When it comes to seasonal shopping, 71 per cent of respondents say they intend on starting their holiday shopping before December and just one in five (21 per cent) waiting until December. However, the super keen are still in the minority, with just 1 per cent of Australians surveyed professing to have already finished their holiday shopping.
“We’re giving our Prime members another way to save ahead of the holiday season with deals on a huge range of products,” said Head of Prime for Amazon Australia Marcos Regalo.
“The holidays can be an expensive time of year so we are helping Prime members stock up on everything they might need to get ahead with Prime Big Deal Days providing big discounts. What’s more they can rest assured that whatever they buy will arrive free and fast.”
How to prepare for Amazon Prime’s Big Deal Days
Learn how to best prepare for Prime Big Deal Days to maximise your savings with the following tips:
- Become an Amazon Prime member: Prime Big Deal Days is available to Prime members exclusively. Prime membership offers great value from day one with access to shopping events, free shipping on eligible items and a suite of entertainment benefits. New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay AU$9.99 per month, or $79 for an annual membership. Learn more at amazon.com.au/prime.
- Download the app: Customers can browse, search and shop millions of items from their fingertips, track their orders real-time, and even get alerts when their saved items go on sale by using the Amazon app.
- Amazon Wishlist: Customers can create an Amazon Wishlist to help them map out what they need. They can also turn on deal notifications to be notified if a product from their Wishlist goes on deal
- Get organised with Alexa: Alexa can help you create and add to a shopping list especially for Prime Big Deals Day. Get started by saying: “Alexa, start a Prime Big Deals Day list.”
- Use Alexa to track deals: To hear some of the specials available during Prime Big Deals Day, just say, “Alexa, what are my deals?” Know what you want? Ask Alexa to add it to your cart! Alexa can also track your deliveries to ensure you don’t miss those precious goods. Just say: “Alexa, where’s my stuff?”.